Most people wouldn’t consider hiring an Atlanta traffic attorney for a speeding ticket. In many cases, the fee you will pay to a lawyer may be greater than the fine you would pay on the ticket. However, there are times where even a speeding ticket can be a serious enough problem to require the services of an Atlanta traffic defense lawyer.
- If you have a history of moving violations, even a simple speeding ticket may result in a license suspension.
- If you are under the age of twenty-one, even a simple speeding ticket may result in a license suspension.
- If you have a commercial drivers’ license (CDL), even a simple speeding ticket can result in a license suspension.
- Depending on your speed, you may find yourself subject to the additional penalties of Georgia’s “super-speeder” law, which tacks a hefty additional fine onto certain speeding tickets.
- Depending on your speed and other factors, you may find yourself also charged with ‘reckless driving.’
In any of these situations, a skilled Atlanta traffic lawyer can step in with prosecutors and negotiate a resolution that doesn’t result in such a harsh penalty. Atlanta traffic attorney Andrew Margolis may be able to negotiate a reduction in speed, a reduction of the fine amount, or work out an agreement that accumulates no points on your license or gets your ticket dismissed entirely.
No case is too small for The Margolis Legal Group, P.C. If you need help with a speeding ticket or any moving violation, call us and talk to an Atlanta traffic lawyer today. Your consultation is free.