If you are the father of a child born out of wedlock (and do not subsequently marry the child’s mother), you have zero legal rights with respect to that child, even if you signed the birth certificate at the hospital. You have no right to see the child, no right to visit with the child, no rights at all. That is, until you obtain a court order declaring you the legal father and granting you custody or visitation. This process is called ‘legitimation.’ Atlanta family law attorney Andrew B. Margolis represents both mothers and fathers in this type of proceeding.

If you have never been named the legal father of your child and want to be involved in that child’s life, Attorney Andrew B. Margolis can help. We will go to Court with you and argue for an order naming you as the child’s legal father. Atlanta child custody attorney Andrew Margolis will also litigate the issues of custody, visitation and child support, as necessary.

If you are a mother and your child’s father is seeking to be named the legal father and asking for custody or visitation, Atlanta family law attorney Andrew Margolis will consult with you in detail about the role you want the father to play in the child’s life, and what is in the child’s best interest. We will go to court with you and make sure that no action is taken that isn’t in the best interests of your child. Andrew Margolis will also make sure you receive the child support you are entitled to on behalf of your child.

The Margolis Legal Group, P.C. never charges for a consultation. Call and speak with an aggressive, experienced and determined Atlanta family law attorney today.